It’s an absolute honour to be asked to be a bridesmaid, so now that you’ve been given this great responsibility, what exactly will it involve? Well here’s a basic run down of the role of Being a Bridesmaid…
- The Hen Party – you’ll need to invite everyone, book everything, manage the event and of course look after the bride-to-be!
- The Run Up – you’ll be a great support to the bride as wedding planning is stressful, definitely worth planning some pampering if you can!
- The Bridesmaid dresses – this is absolutely the brides choice, so smile sweetly and find a way to make it work for you.
- The Day – You’ll be taking care of the bride, checking hair and makeup for photographs, making the dress look good, carry the trail and possibly assist with toilet trips too – those wedding dresses are not easy to get out of!
It’s pretty much your job to ensure the bride looks her best all day and never needs to worry about a thing.
So our advice, put together a Bridemaid Surival Kit:
- Needle and thread – just in case you need to do a quick fix
- Tissues – you know someone will be crying, and if it’s the bride…
- Makeup and Mirror – for quick top ups in case emotions get the better
- Plasters – beautiful though they are, the bride has never worn those shoes all day – so be a star an pack some blister plasters
- Hairbrush and Hairspray – the weather is pretty unpredictable, so keep those locks in check
- Babywipes and Deodrant – there’s nothing worse than having a hot flush in the dress, but with all that stressing even the coolest of characters can need a helping hand!
Remember it’s absolutely the brides day, but there’s nothing wrong with you enjoying yourself too – just not too much!